Wednesday, March 21, 2007

If you've never heard this infamous Culturcide album, well... It's basically a noisy karaoke version of 80's hit songs that are given new lyrics. Thankfully, these versions are the ones I end up having in my head. The lyrics really make the project, they are funny and scathingly relevant. This ZIP file is the Tacky Souveniers Of Pre-revolutionary America album from 1987. Enjoy!

Culturcide

P.S. I am posting a lot because I am leaving the country for three months and will not be updating/uploading during that time. I will moderate comments, though!

1 comment:

Chardman said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!
It's one of those hopelessly obscure gems that I thought would never see the light of day again.
I remember it getting lots of airplay on our local listener-supported radio station back then.